Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Farmville: 2 Times in 1 Day

by Sunflower

Okay, I went on Farmville again tonight. I admit it. Sue me!!

Please don't sue me, I am only a virtual farmer so I only have virtual cash. Virtually!! So if you do sue me, you get nothing. HAH!! 

What farming did I do tonight? I harvested the many trees, gathered produce from the many animals and harvested the crops. All 254 of them. Then I replanted peas. This exercise took a few hours (well more than 1 hour). So about an hour and a half of my life has gone into unreal farming again. Oh, I also visited neighbouring farms and helped out my friends in order to attain more coins and experience points (xps).


And I received a few messages from Sports Fan telling me of her Farmville exploits for the evening.

I do have one beef I would like to share tonight. Actually, I have many beefs with Farmville but tonight I have chosen only one of them to discuss. Fuel.

Harvesting, Plowing and Planting

As mentioned earlier, I harvested the crops and replanted the peas. Sounds easy, right? Technically, yes and no. In order to do this I chose to harvest all 254 plots individually and plow all 254 crops individually. Thus saving my fuel to use my on my Seeder, which I used to replant the peas.

This means clicking 508 times. Once to harvest and once to plow, on each of my 254 plots. Is anyone getting the harm this clicking can do to my hand? I see a farming related injury coming on in the near future.

Why did I choose to save the fuel for the Seeder?

First let me explain that Farmville, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to offer tractors, harvesters and seeders for sale, but only provide you with one (ONE) can of fuel. The can can be used to fuel one (ONE) of the vehicles, for use on 150 plots. If you need more fuel, you have wait for it to refuel all by itself (which takes 150 minutes); OR you can buy refills, with Farmville cash, not coins.



I have plenty of coins but a very limited amount of cash. And I refuse to buy Farmville cash with real money, which I earn in my real job and I use to pay real bills, like the internet!!

I digress.

Of the 3 vehicles I bought, I generally choose to use the seeder. Why? No specific reason. It does not matter which one I use. I am going to run out of fuel before I finish harvesting/plowing/seeding the entire farm anyway.


My request to Zynga (who are the creators of Farmville) is to give players the option to purchase a fuel can for each vehicle they purchase. It really is not fair that you have to share a fuel can among the vehicles. What is the use of owning a bigger farm if you are going to get carpal tunnel syndrome? Then Zynga would have to put a virtual doctor in Yoville (which I also play), just to treat all the actual injuries we are getting from their virtual games.

Oh, by the way, I just helped 2 neighbours while I was writing this blog.

Darn it!!! The addiction strikes again.


No comments:

Post a Comment