Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend Farming

by Sunflower

It's the Weekend!!!

That means it is time to do all that stuff you were thinking about doing all week long. You know; hiking, biking, partying with friends, cozy dinners with the loved ones, dancing all night to the beat.

Yeah Right.

Weekends are for doing the usual crap you do every weekend. You know; grocery shopping, laundry, grabbing a quick bite to eat, picking a fight with your loved ones, cleaning your house all night to the beat of the radio. That stuff (you know its true).

Since I began playing Farmville, my usual weekend routine includes developing a Weekend Farmville Strategy (WSF). Oh yes, weekends are also for maximizing your farm's potential by getting as much xp and coins as you possibly can in 48 hours.

My WSF is exploiting the short harvest-time crops. Any crop which harvests in 4 to 8 hours is my friend. However, the higher you move up in the game the more difficult it becomes to pick a WSF. The crops you are able to purchase changes and you have to make some tough choices: Are you still playing for xp? Coins? Fun?

At level 33 (I moved up a level), I had to decide whether to stick with the peas as they give you 3xp per plot; or continue with my short harvest-time crops. Thus giving me more opportunities to play the game and to change crops depending on my mood.

My decision? I went with flowers (because they are new to Farmville) and other 4-8 hour crops. One small plot was reserved for peas as you can't really beat the xp or profit on that one.

By Sunday night I will see if my strategy paid off.

Happy Weekend Farming.


What is your Weekend Farming Strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment