Monday, October 19, 2009

Farmville is taking over my life

by Sports Fan

When I first received the invite from Sunflower to add the Farmville application to Facebook, I thought why not, what harm can it do? I was so wrong. Farmville has completely taken over my life. I have to constantly think about when I need to get home to harvest my crops, when will they wilt, when I harvest the crops what crops should I plant now.

Take today for instance. I was at a function the other night and I kept thinking about the fact that I couldn't make it home in time to harvest my crops. They would have to wait until the next day but have to be harvested before 7 pm. So I got home at 5:30 pm only to find someone else on the computer. So I'm sitting patiently watching the person on the computer, watching the clock tick tick ticking away and hoping and praying that I could get on in time. I felt this strong urge to ask the person how long they would be, but then what was my excuse for getting them off, because I have to harvest crops on my fake farm. That is not good enough. So I sat and waited and they finally got off at 6:30pm. So I'm calculating in my head how long it would take me to harvest all the crops before the deadline came. Guess what, all the peas were saved and I can have a good night's sleep knowing that I did not let the peas wilt. It was the highlight of my day. Just joking!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment