Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time Warp in Farmville

by Sports Fan

From the time I started Farmville up until yesterday, I always thought that the time it took for the crops to be ready for harvesting was based on actual time, ie. if I plant a one day crop like peas at 4pm on Wednesday, I expect them to be ready at 4pm on Thursday. However, there have been two instances which make me question if that is really the case.

Last week, I was trying to minimize the amount of harvesting, ploughing and planting time on each vistit to Farmville so I had started planting broccoli. Since broccoli is a two day crop, the crops that I planted on Thursday afternoon should be ready on Saturday afternoon. I actually harvested the broccoli on Saturday around 3:15pm. Why is this strange you ask, well because I finish work after 4pm, so how is it possible for the broccoli to be ready before then. I had to first harvest, then plough, then plant, and all of these tasks take time especially since I only have a tractor, no seeder or harvester.

Next instance was Tuesday. I distinctly remember harvesting lillies well after 9:15pm since I was having computer problems. So I expected to be up well after 10pm harvesting and ploughing and planting. So Wednesday night, I'm on Farmville harvesting animals and trees waiting until the crops were finished and lo and behold, at 9:15pm, all the lillies were done. How can this be? The thing is that they were all done the same time. They all just sprang up.

These two instances cannot be a coincidence. Maybe Farmville speeds up the growing process if you are patiently waiting online, I really don't know. Ideas anyone? And no, I'm not going crazy, at least I hope not!

Keep on farming!

1 comment: